Cough is a common disease in pediatrics, which can be seen in a variety of infant diseases. Infants don’t know whether they are hot or cold, have poor defense ability, and are vulnerable to external pathogens, so they often cough due to respiratory tract infection. Or because of maladjustment after illness, weak lung qi, also easy to cause exogenous cough. Although cough is not severe, it often causes children to sleep at night and not think about food every day, which affects the growth and development of infants, so we should pay attention to it. The treatment of cough, in addition to general medication, can be combined with appropriate medicine, drink and food therapy, especially prolonged cough, the effect is better.
Eight points parents should pay attention to when babies cough
Parents should pay attention to the following cases of cough:
(1) in children with cough, there is a whine in their throat when they inhale, and there is a broken bamboo sound when they cough, which is gradually aggravated. This may be a sign of laryngitis. If the cough worsens at night, continues to cough for more than ten times, and is out of breath. At last, there is a chicken’s sound of breathing in, you have to be careful whether the child is suffering from pertussis.
(2) when coughing, there is wheezing in the throat, shortness of breath and painful expression. At this time, we should think about whether the child is suffering from asthmatic bronchitis.
(3) long expectoration, often hemoptysis, should think about whether the child got bronchiectasis.
(4) cough is accompanied by runny nose and fever. Children in nurseries, kindergartens or classmates all have common symptoms. It should be thought that it is an infectious viral upper respiratory tract infection, and sometimes it may be the precursor of a respiratory infectious disease.
(5) children cough more at night than during the day, mostly dry cough, and the frequency gradually increases, no fever, at the same time have asthma, give a little asthma, aminophylline is good, the onset is always in the same season or the same situation, this cough may be allergic cough.
(6) if the child coughs with fever, shortness of breath, nasal provocation and cyanosis, it should be considered whether the child has pneumonia.
(8) when the child is playing or eating, he or she suddenly coughs, has difficulty in breathing, and has cyanosis on his or her lips. Be careful that foreign bodies may enter the trachea by mistake