Eczema in children is a common skin disease in infants. Eczema can occur in infants aged 2 to 3 months. It gradually decreases after 1 year old. Most of them can recover after 2 years old, but a few can extend to infants or childhood. If baby eczema, how can mother distinguish and care for it?
1. Infant eczema mostly occurs on the cheek, forehead, eyebrow and head. In severe cases, skin rash can also occur on the forechest, back and limbs.
The initial rash is erythema, then a small punctate rash or blister-like rash (medically known as papules, herpes), very itchy, herpes can be damaged, out of the liquid, liquid dry after the formation of scab. Eczema is often symmetrically distributed. It can be roughly divided into three types:
(1) Dry type: Eczema is characterized by red papules, with reddish and swollen skin, pityriasis and dry scab on the papules, which are itchy.
(2) Seborrheic type: Eczema is characterized by skin flushing, small macular papules exuded light yellow fat liquid covering the rash, later formed a thick yellow scab, not easy to remove, with the top of the head and eyebrow, nose, ear behind the common, but itching is not obvious.
(3) exudative type: more common in fatter infants, red rash between water sores and erythema, can have skin tissue swelling, itching, scratching after yellow serous exudation or bleeding, skin rash can spread to the trunk, limbs and the whole body, and easy to secondary skin infection.
2. The baby is confirmed to be eczema. What should we pay attention to in daily nursing?
(1) Use as little soap as possible, and do not use soap with high alkalinity. No cosmetics are needed except for baby facial oil.
(2) Do not wear chemical fibers or wool clothes. It is advisable to wear soft light-colored cotton cloth. Clothes should be loose and not overcoated.
(3) In order to avoid infection of scratched skin, soft cloth can be used to wrap hands loosely, but it is necessary to observe regularly to prevent the thread head from winding fingers.
(4) The scab formed on the scalp and eyebrows can be smeared with edible oil which has been detoxified, and then gently scrubbed the next day.
(5) In case of eczema attack, no vaccination should be given to avoid adverse reactions.
Pediatric eczema can make the baby itchy, sleepless and restless. Drug therapy has a certain effect. If necessary, use anti-inflammatory, anti-itching and anti-allergic drugs under the guidance of the hospital. Do not use any hormone ointment such as “skin relaxation” by yourself. Because excessive external use of these drugs will cause side effects of skin absorption, long-term use will also cause local skin pigmentation or mild atrophy. Children often relapse after stopping medication. If itching affects sleep, ask the doctor to prescribe sedative. If eczema purulent infection or fever in children, should go to the hospital in time for diagnosis and treatment.
More excellent articles recommend:
Three Secret Actions for Parents to Celebrate Their Babies
Twelve Taboos for Sleep of 0-1 Year Old Babies
Less sickness = stronger immunity? Don’t be funny.