Harm of flatfoot
About 7% of people have flat feet, and childhood has little effect. Most of them have symptoms only when they are young, middle-aged or obese. The symptoms were pain in the medial margin of the foot or heel, and fatigue in walking long distances.
The cause may be muscle spasm or abnormal bone structure. It does harm not only to pain, but also to other joints of foot, even ankle, knee and hip joints, such as inflammation and deformation.
How to judge whether a child has flat feet
The easiest way is to sprinkle a layer of flour on the ground, let the baby step on it, and then look at the soles of the feet stepped on flour. Generally speaking, the normal inner edge of the feet should not touch the ground, so they will not be covered with flour. On the contrary, flat feet are just the opposite, most or all of the soles of the feet will be covered with flour.
How to Avoid the Harm of Flatfoot Foot
1. Reasonable diet and calcium supplementation;
2. Parents can train their children to clamp things with big toes and index fingers, or do tiptoe exercises to promote the development of the arch of the foot.
3. If there is contracture of Achilles tendon, massage of Achilles tendon should be done everyday.
4. Avoid wearing hard soles and high heels to children. Medium hardness is the best choice for soles, so it’s better to buy them loosely. However, for obvious flat feet, it is suggested to measure the arch of the foot at the hospital first, and then customize shoes or insoles suitable for the foot type according to the specific conditions.
5. Don’t rush to let the baby learn to walk. If the baby doesn’t have the intention of walking, don’t hold them to learn to walk so as to avoid the fragility of the bones and the distortion of the arch of the foot.
Comments are closed.