Recently, the number of diarrhea in infants aged 6-24 months has begun to increase. Because the main cause of diarrhea is rotavirus (RV) infection, the clinical manifestations of these babies are vomiting and diarrhea, with fever and upper respiratory tract infection symptoms. For these small patients with diarrhea due to viral infection, Zhou Lin, director of Pediatrics of Hainan obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, reminds parents of children to pay attention to the following 6 items to prevent autumn diarrhea.
1. Try not to take babies to densely populated places or public places. Home can be smoked with vinegar, do not contact with children with diarrhea.
2. Pay attention to breast-feeding hygiene. Babies and their caregivers should form a good habit of washing hands before and after meals. Food utensils such as milk bottles and spoons should be scalded with boiling water before use. It is best to boil and disinfect them once a day. Toys should also be disinfected regularly. We should ensure that “illness comes from the mouth”.
3. Pay attention to baby’s daily life, avoid cold food and drink, reduce the amount of fruit such as watermelon. Don’t stay outdoors for a long time to avoid catching cold.
4. Do not abuse antibiotics. Because autumn diarrhea is caused by virus, abuse of antibiotics may kill the normal flora in the intestine, cause flora disorder and aggravate diarrhea.
5. Advocate breastfeeding, especially in the first few months after birth. Because breast milk is most suitable for the nutritional needs and digestive capacity of infants. Human milk contains IgA, which can neutralize the toxin of intestinal harmful bacteria and prevent intestinal infection.
6. Some digestive and probiotic drugs can be prepared at home.
Recommended reading: Six misunderstandings of baby’s autumn diarrhea