Three precautions to prevent baby suffocation
When the baby is born in the hospital, before breathing, the nurse will quickly remove the mucus and amniotic fluid from the mouth and nose to keep the baby’s respiratory tract unobstructed so as not to cause aspiration pneumonia. When you get home, how can you keep your breath flowing?
First, parents should often check whether the baby’s nostrils are unobstructed, and often clear the secretions in the nostrils.
2. To maintain the baby’s proper position, generally take the right position. If the baby lies on his back, he should avoid neck flexion or excessive back. In case of prone position, special personnel shall be assigned to guard against suffocation.
3. It is necessary to avoid blocking the articles in the oral cavity or pressing the baby’s chest at will.
Three points to prevent baby infection
1. The clothes and quilts of the newborn should be sewn with pure cotton cloth, comfortable to wear, easy to clean and high temperature disinfect, and the baby will not have allergic reaction. Clothes should be loose, large and easy to wear and take off. Do not use buttons, clips, or pins to prevent damage to the skin and internal organs.
2. In order to clean the skin and reduce the chance of infection, we should insist on bathing the newborn every day. When bathing, the room temperature is required to be 26-28 ℃, and the water temperature is 38-40 ℃. Use the mobile water to make the bath water. Apply the baby’s liquid soap to the adult’s hand or towel, then apply the baby’s face, rinse the foam with clean water and wipe the whole body with a towel. In armpit, neck, groin and so on skin folds place sprinkles some baby talcum powder.
3. The umbilical cord of the newborn usually falls off 3-7 days after birth. After washing exercise every day, the umbilical fossa should be disinfected with alcohol brocade to avoid the occurrence of omphalitis.