What is juice?
Fruit juice is a juice product obtained from fruit by physical means such as pressing, centrifugation and extraction. Fruit juice was divided into clarified juice and cloudy juice according to morphology. Clarify juice clear and transparent, such as apple juice, and cloudy juice evenly cloudy, such as orange juice. In addition, infant juice does not contain preservatives, pigments and artificial fragrances.
Babies can drink a small amount of juice can help digestion, moisten the intestinal tract, supplementary dietary nutritional deficiencies. Reminds the mother, to the baby to drink juice should choose baby-specific juice, the adult drink juice may contain a lot of additives or excessive pigment, not suitable for the baby to drink. Although fruit juice is good and nutritious, it must not be used as a daily drink.
Warm hint: the baby just started to drink juice is best to add 1:1 ratio of warm boiled water dilution juice concentration, does not stimulate the baby’s intestines and stomach.
Fruit juice’s benefits to your baby’s body
Fresh fruit is not only rich in vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber and carbohydrates and other nutrients, but also sweet taste. For infants who are unable to eat coarse grain food, the benefits of fresh fruit juice are very great. In addition to convenient feeding, the most important thing is to provide the baby with abundant nutrition.
Fruit juice dissolves most nutrients in fruits and has high nutritional value. Fruit juice contains a large amount of vitamin C, which is the best source of vitamin C intake. Vitamin C is a good antioxidant, can prevent capillary fragility, gum bleeding, and can enhance the resistance of infants to disease, such as the prevention of colds. Vitamin C can also increase iron absorption by 2 – 3 times, which helps prevent iron deficiency anemia in infants.
In addition, juice also contains vitamin B1, beta-carotene, flavonoids and other natural active substances, as well as in other foods rarely exist, only in fruits unique organic acids. It can be seen that fruit juice plays an important role in maintaining human acid-base balance, regulating gastrointestinal function and improving immunity. Regular consumption of fruit juice can prevent constipation and increase appetite, which is very beneficial to the growth and development of infants.
Fruit juice making process
1. Choose seasonal fruit: Parents do not have to take the level of vitamins as the standard for choosing fruit, for the baby, fresh seasonal fruit is the best choice. Strawberries, cherries and oranges in spring, watermelons and peaches in summer, pears and apples in autumn, and apples and oranges in winter.
2, prepare utensils: knives, gauze, bowl, spoon, juicer.
(1) Cleaning of utensils: All utensils should be cleaned with running water first, then boiled or soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes.
(2) Fruit cleaning: Wash the dust and pesticide residues on the surface of the fruit with a washing agent (for particularly difficult-to-clean fruits, such as strawberries, to be carefully cleaned with a small brush); then soak in clear water for 5 minutes; finally rinse them under flowing water.
4. Juice: For strawberries, cherries, tomatoes, grapes and other fruit juice easy to squeeze, you can wrap the flesh with double gauze, squeeze out the juice by hand. If it is apple, pear and other fruit flesh harder, you can cut into small pieces and then put into the juice extractor, the juice squeezed and a moderate amount of boiled water mixed, a cup of fresh juice is ready.
Fruit juice recipes
1. Tomato juice – 200 grams of tomatoes, 200 grams of apples (or take tomatoes, green peppers each 30 grams, celery 100 grams), when making, do not peel tomatoes, because the content of vitamin C and minerals is very high, on human health and skin care.
2, orange juice – 100 grams of fresh orange, 200 grams of apple, 150 grams of carrot, and a moderate amount of boiled water. It has significant effect on moistening baby’s skin, hair and health eye.
3. Carrot juice-carrot one, apple one, cut the carrot and apple into pieces together into a food grinder to rotate at a low speed for 60 seconds, then add water. It can promote the vitality and development of the liver and kidneys.
4. Apple juice-apple 50g, apple and about 90 mL of cold boiled water, put into the food grinder mixing can be. Make the baby full of vitality and smooth face.
5. Mango juice-Mango is rich in food fiber and carotene, which is helpful to baby’s metabolism and improve eyesight, and rich in vitamins can improve baby’s immunity.
6, grape juice – grapes, apples and boiled water. Apple juice and grape juice contain a lot of natural sugar, vitamins, trace elements and organic acids, can promote the metabolism of the baby body, beneficial to the development of blood vessels and nervous system, but also to prevent colds.
Misconceptions of drinking juice for your baby
1, take juice as water.
There is a record of this disease abroad, known as juice syndrome. Excessive intake of low sodium beverages, such as fruit juice, not only causes hyponatremia and brain edema, but also is one of the main causes of malnutrition and febrile convulsions in infants under two years of age. Drinking fruit juice properly is good for baby’s health, but it must not affect or even replace the normal diet and drinking water of three meals a day. Before meals, parents should not let their children drink juice, otherwise it will affect appetite, especially in summer, generally no more than 300 ml of juice intake per day is appropriate.
2, fruit juice is the same as fresh fruits and vegetables.
Some parents think that as long as the baby drinks enough juice, even if the baby picky, refuse to eat vegetables, or the baby does not bother to eat fruit, it does not matter, fruit juice can replace fruits and vegetables, to provide nutrition for the baby. In fact, it is not.
First of all, if it is not self-extracting juice, bought ready-made juice generally contains a variety of additives, such as pigments, preservatives, and so on, can not be compared with fresh fruits and vegetables. Even if you make your own fresh juice, solid residue is often wasted due to lack of necessary knowledge or habits. However, fruit and vegetable juice and fruit and vegetable, the biggest deficiency is precisely because of its serious lack of cellulose. Food cellulose has a lot of functions, and is called the seventh nutrient by the medical community. It can promote baby’s digestion, prevent baby’s constipation, prevent excess heat, control obesity and so on. Therefore, experts recommend that the baby drink juice at the same time, but also let the baby eat solid residue, in order to absorb more cellulose.
3, overheating juice.
Many mothers have the habit of giving their babies fruit juice after being heated, especially in winter. It is unknown that fruit will destroy vitamins to a certain extent during juicing, and excessive heating will aggravate the damage to vitamins. Therefore, the temperature should not be too high when heating, and the time should not be too long. . Fruit juice is not suitable for heating. It is more nutritious at normal temperature or after cold storage.
4, after drinking fruit juice, do not gargle.
Some mothers do not pay attention to cleaning their baby’s mouth after drinking the juice, which is very easy to cause adverse effects on the baby’s oral health.
Every time the baby drinks the juice, especially before going to bed, the mother should give the baby a little boiled water to help clean the baby’s mouth.