Causes of skin allergy in children
Infantile skin allergies to red, swollen, itchy inflammatory skin diseases, allergies after the baby will scratch repeatedly, crying, serious will cause anorexia, and then affect mental state.
1. Genetic factors. Allergic substances can be inherited, and if parents are allergic to pollen, pets or certain foods, children are also 50% more likely to develop allergies. If both parents have allergies, the child is 75% more likely to develop allergies, as is skin allergies.
2. Children’s skin is tender. Children’s skin allergies are more common than adults, because the baby’s skin is more delicate than adults, so more vulnerable to skin allergies, dry skin and other conditions.
3, allergies to toiletries. When the baby has skin allergy, long red and itchy rash, it may be easy to associate with whether the baby’s daily use of cleaning products caused skin allergy, in fact, skin allergy long red rash, may be caused by a variety of reasons, do not simply think that stop or replace skin care products on the line, and ignore the cause of baby’s skin The real “culprit” of allergies.
Children’s skin allergy symptoms
Skin allergy symptoms usually take several forms, one is sensory symptoms, such as itching, tightness; the other is external symptoms, such as redness, peeling, redness and swelling, of course more serious are both symptoms. Children’s skin allergy symptoms include general symptoms and behavioral changes, often in children after exposure to allergens for half an hour to a few hours.
1. General symptoms: flushing of cheeks, nose and earlobes, moist ear canal, earache, nasal obstruction, sneezing, dark circle of eyes, swelling and ptosis of eyelids, headache, dry lips, dry or sweaty skin, wrinkles in the corners or palms of the eyes, abdominal pain, diarrhea, abdominal distention, constipation, eczema in the arms, legs or joints, repeated infection, chronic infection Cough, asthma, breathing shallow, fast or irregular, pulse disorder, high blood pressure, tight joints, etc.
2, children who behave differently in different age groups have different behaviors.
0-1 year-old infants: continuous crying or screaming, unable to eat or need to eat constantly, irritable or extremely depressed, difficult or sleepy to fall asleep, unwilling to be hugged, shaking their heads and so on.
1-3-year-old children were inexplicably angry, overactive, jumping around, bumping into the bed, tired, curled up in the dark corner of the table and chair, under the bed or furniture, refusing to be touched, unwilling to wear, stripping and so on.
3-6-year-old children: sudden changes in mood and behavior, hyperactivity, inability to sit quietly eating, listening to stories or watching television programs, irritability, fatigue, disobedience, depression, aggressive behavior, shaking legs, sleepiness or nightmares, writing or painting can not be carried out on a horizontal line, or the words are written larger and upward (excitement type) Or, the smaller the words are, the lower they will be, and the intermittent speech will be difficult. After 5 years of age, they will also be wetted.
How do children do skin allergies?
Allergens play a direct role in the development of children’s skin allergies. Allergens are the necessary conditions for the occurrence of allergies. The existence of a large number of free radicals is the root cause of skin allergies in children. Free radical oxidation destroys the cell membrane of mast cells and basophils, causing them to damage and degenerate, and the body’s immune capacity is low. It creates conditions for the occurrence of antigen and antibody allergic immune reaction, leading to cell rupture, allergic media release, and allergic diseases. Most antiallergic agents compete with allergic mediators in nasal mucosa, skin vessels, and bronchial smooth muscle cells, making allergic mediators ineffective. Once the drug is over, the allergy will still recur. And many drugs can also make the user drowsy, some aerosol hormone drugs although effective quickly, but the recurrence of symptoms and side effects greater. The root of allergy is the patient’s allergic constitution. To treat skin allergy, we must start with improving the allergic constitution.
1, control the environment. The simplest way to prevent skin allergy in infants is to avoid contact with allergens and stay away from them, so that the patient’s allergic constitution will not be exposed to allergens, and thus will not stimulate the body to make a strong reaction to allergens, triggering allergies.
2, improve the allergic constitution.
(1) There are more immunoglobulin IgE (antibody mediating allergic reaction) in people with allergic constitution than in normal people. Once the patient encounters allergen, the body will react. It is immunoglobulin and allergen substance that react, leading to the release of histamine from mast cells to the corresponding tissues, thus triggering allergy.
(2) Adult human helper T cell 1 and helper T cell 2 have a certain proportion in the human circulatory system to regulate the balance of the human immune system.
(3) There are many kinds of digestive enzymes in the gastrointestinal tract of the normal human body, which is the complete digestion and absorption of protein food entering the gastrointestinal tract.
(4) Allergic constitution can be inherited, enhance the immune system, improve the above symptoms is to improve the allergic experience, eliminate allergies.
(5) Young children are in the golden period of production and development, all aspects of the body are not mature, so in the treatment of baby skin diseases should pay attention to, do not use some hormones, antihistamines, and so on, this will cause adverse effects on the body of children, such as infants now using milk powder containing hormones caused by infant physical dysplasia Some even use hormones too much, and children stop growing.
How to prevent child allergy
One of the most effective steps to prevent allergies in children is to keep them away from environmental and food allergens such as potted plants, dust mites, pet hair, stuffed or plush toys, carpets and tapestries. Parents of allergies such as pollen should help children to stay away from life as much as possible.
Secondly, in terms of infant diet, infants under the age of 1 are best breast-fed, on milk, prawns, eggs, seafood and other heterosexual protein foods to be careful for children to eat. And pregnant women should avoid eating food containing allergens, or feeding hypoallergenic infant formula. At the same time, postponing the addition of non-staple food.
Again, proper exercise. Children should avoid strenuous exercise in a dry and cold environment. For example, it is forbidden to engage in continuous and vigorous sports on ice and snow. Environmental warming, high humidity or intermittent exercise should be encouraged. When engaged in sports, do not feel chest tightness, shortness of breath, physical discomfort as the principle, when symptoms should stop exercise and strengthen rest. Warm up activities should be carried out before engaging in sports.
Anyway, allergy is a chronic disease that seriously endangers children’s health. Whether it is gastrointestinal symptoms (high incidence within 6 months), eczema (high incidence in 1-3 years old), asthma (high incidence after 3 years old), or allergic rhinitis (high incidence after 7-15 years old), it should be actively prevented, early diagnosis and early treatment.