Condom is a non-drug form to prevent pregnancy, mainly for sexual intercourse to prevent human sperm and eggs from combining, prevent pregnancy. The condom is one of the most widely used male contraceptives, about 19 cm in length, with a sperm storage vesicle about 2 cm long at the distal end, where semen is stored during intercourse; the proximal opening (socket) has a slightly elastic rubber band, which holds the penis tight.
As a contraceptive tool, condoms are easy to use and have no side effects compared with other contraceptive methods. The success rate of contraception is generally 85%, and the success rate of contraception can reach 98% by specially trained users.
Condoms and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases
Correct condom use can reduce the risk of HIV infection by 85%, gonorrhea infection by 85%.
But it can not effectively prevent the spread of human papillomavirus (HPV), which can cause warts, condyloma acuminatum, herpes simplex (HSV), syphilis and chancre vulgaris on the skin and mucosa near the genital organs, because venereal diseases can be transmitted through contact with parts of the condom that cannot be covered.
Health damage caused by condoms
Some additives, such as talcum powder, may enter the abdominal cavity of a woman during sexual intercourse and may cause chronic damage when using condoms coated with additives.
The use of sperm killing agents on some condoms may affect the function of condoms in preventing venereal diseases.
Some people are allergic to latex, while others are allergic to condoms.
The difference between condom and natural rubber condom of poly Yaan ester material
Polyurethane condoms have the advantage of being more heat-resistant, so they don’t need to be stored in a cool place like natural rubber condoms, have a longer shelf life, do not react with oily paints, tasteless, smoother surfaces, and users won’t react to allergies; the disadvantage is that they are easier to rupture and fall off, more expensive, and prevent sexually transmitted diseases. It is unknown.
Correct use of condoms to pay attention to 10 details
Condom is a very common method of contraception, contraceptive success rate is also high, but in the use of more attention to detail, to ensure the effectiveness of contraception and better experience of sex.
1. Before use, check the date of production and expiry date. The expired condom has deteriorated, easy to rupture, not suitable for use.
2, condoms must be kept in a cool, dry and non contact acid, alkali and oil environment. If exposed to the above conditions, it becomes sticky and brittle, and should not be used even during the shelf life.
3. Condoms have different specifications, should be selected according to the size of the penis erection appropriate model, otherwise too tight easy to rupture, too loose easy to slip, will affect the use of results.
4. Condoms should not be deployed in advance, but should be carried out from the glans of the penis on the erection of the penis.
5. Before putting on the glans, pinch the small air sac on the top of the condom for storing semen, so as to prevent the air in the air sac from expanding when it is heated and promote the semen to spill over to the penile root when ejaculating.
6. Condoms can only use water-based lubricants. Vaseline, liquid paraffin, facial oil, edible oil and so on can increase the brittleness of condom in a short time and accelerate its rupture.
7. If a condom is found to be perforated or slipped during use, it is still unsafe to replace only the condom. Sexual intercourse should be stopped immediately and genital organs should be cleaned with disinfectant.
8. After ejaculation, press the fingers on the bottom of the condom before the penis is weakened, and pull it out with the penis.
9. Do not let the semen flow out when taking off the condom, and do not let the vaginal discharge outside the condom touch the body. Each condom can only be used once, and the used condoms should be put into plastic bags and thrown into the garbage can.
10. The fingers that take off the condom are unlikely to touch semen and vaginal secretions at different times, so you must wash your hands with soapy water immediately under flowing water.