What is postpartum perspiration?
Puerperal sweat is actually a phenomenon in which mothers sweat more after birth than usual, especially after meals, activities, sleep and wake up. Meet summer even sweat dripping, wet pants, bedding, generally in the postpartum 1 week sweating more, especially in the postpartum 1-3 days, sweating phenomenon is obvious.
Postpartum perspiration is mainly caused by the physiological changes of the mother’s body after childbirth. It is manifested in the exuberant excretion function of the skin. Water and waste in the body will be constantly discharged through the skin, so the increase of perspiration occurs. This is a physiological phenomenon of postpartum body recovery and self regulation, which is not pathological. In addition, maternal drink brown sugar water, hot soup, hot porridge more, is also one of the reasons for sweating.
Postpartum perspiration is divided into physiological sweating and pathological sweating according to its characteristics. Physiological sweating mainly refers to normal sweating such as exercise, sweating in hot weather, and pathological sweating is divided into postpartum spontaneous sweating and postpartum night sweating. However, mother need not worry, bed sweat is generally more obvious in the postpartum 1-3 days, in the postpartum 1 week or so self-improvement.
Causes of postpartum perspiration
Puerperal sweating is also called postpartum sweating, the main reason is that the mother in postpartum, hormone changes in the body induced physiological changes, thereby promoting the increase of sweat, and then increased sweating phenomenon. The main causes of postpartum perspiration are:
1. Changes in hormones in the body: After pregnancy, due to changes in hormones in the body, especially estrogen content in the body gradually increased with the prolongation of pregnancy, can make more tissue sodium, potassium and chlorine retention. Accordingly, the retention of water in the body correspondingly occurred.
2. Exhaustion of water and electrolytes: After delivery, estrogen levels in the body drop rapidly, other systems and endocrine functions of the body are gradually restored to a non-pregnant state, excess water and electrolytes in the body are also discharged from the body. The main way of excretion is kidney and skin.
3. Skin excretion function is exuberant: the first few days of postpartum urine increased significantly, within 24 hours postpartum, urine volume can be up to 2000-3000 ml. Skin excretion function is also particularly strong, manifested as sweating. Therefore, puerpera in the puerperium sweating is not pathological, nor is it a sign of weakness, but only excretion of excess water in the body one of the ways.
Nursing of postpartum perspiration
The main nursing details of postpartum perspiration include the following 5 points:
(1) room temperature should not be too high. In winter and spring, autumn is at 20 degrees C, and summer is below 28 degrees C.
(2) Open the window every day for ventilation to keep the indoor air circulating and fresh, but the new mother should not blow a cool breeze in front of the window.
(3) dress and cover quilt should be appropriate, correct the concept of cover and make it suitable.
(4) sweating for a long time with a towel at any time, underwear, underwear and timely replacement.
(5) the mother of natural birth can take a shower within second days after delivery, but not more than 5 minutes each time. The mother of cesarean section should wash her body every day, and then take a shower after the abdominal wound completely healed.
How to treat postpartum perspiration?
The cervix, vagina and vulva of the mother during childbirth can cause varying degrees of trauma, especially when the placental attachment in the uterus inevitably leaves a larger wound, which provides opportunities for bacterial and viral invasion. Especially some abnormal delivery of mothers, placental abruption, postpartum hemorrhage and other phenomena, physical resistance is weaker, coupled with a large number of sweating, but also pay special attention to keeping warm, to prevent cold, cold. Therefore, the nursing of postpartum perspiration is very important.
Parturient should use dry towel to wipe sweat, change clothes in time, keep clean and dry. When taking a bath, pay attention to the temperature of the house and do not blow directly. We should pay attention to regular ventilation and keep the indoor air fresh, which is good for both mother and baby.
After a period of postpartum perspiration is still a large number of postpartum manifestations of Qi deficiency, postpartum mothers generally fear the wind more cold, especially after sweating, and often cold, often feel dizzy, tired and weak. If it is caused by Yin deficiency, the pregnant women usually do not like fever even though they are afraid of the wind. They tend to feel fever on their body, fever on their hands and feet, dizziness and panic, irritability and so on. For those two cases that cause sweating, they can take some dietary therapy under the guidance of doctors.
1, Qi deficiency pregnant women – mutton and Huangqi Decoction
Ingredients: 90 grams of mutton, 15 grams of Astragalus, 10 grams of longan meat, 15 grams of yam.
Method: Slice mutton, boil it in boiling water for a while, remove it, soak it in cold water, and remove the odor. Put the three ingredients into a casserole and boil them in cold water. Add the boiled mutton to the soup. You can put in a little seasoning and seasoning, take 1 doses for two days, and eat soup and meat.
2, yin deficiency pregnant women – Tremella red dates soup
Raw materials: take 30 grams of tremella, 20 grams of red dates, sugar amount.
Method: first, the tremella is soaked in warm water to remove the pedicle, then rinse and tear into small pieces. Rinse and tear the jujube, add some water into the pot, simmer slowly over low heat until the tremella fuciformis and jujube are cooked, dissolve and mix with ice sugar, and serve in the pot. Each dose is eaten twice.