What is a pregnant woman’s lumbago?
What is the waist pain of pregnant women? After pregnancy, because the uterus is growing, the body center of gravity gradually forward, in order to maintain the balance of gravity, standing or walking, the shoulder and head of the pregnant woman will be backward, forming a pregnant woman’s unique posture of chest protrusion. This posture tends to cause excessive lordosis in the thoracic spine, causing lumbar pain. Pregnant women with low back pain is a normal physiological phenomenon, need to pay attention to rest, and avoid long standing or walking. After general recovery of lumbar muscle strength, pain will gradually disappear.
Symptoms of low back pain in pregnant women
Low back pain in pregnant women is a common phenomenon during pregnancy. It is a normal physiological response. Light waist pain and back pain are also accompanied by leg cramps, sciatica and other symptoms. If pregnant women usually lack exercise, it is more likely to cause lumbago. The symptoms of low back pain in early pregnancy, mid pregnancy and late pregnancy are different.
1. Early pregnancy
Lumbago at this stage will not be particularly severe, and the pain will be mild. Most of them will be lumbago and backache. This period of low back pain is often caused by uterine backward, compression of the rectum and ligaments, pregnant women need not be nervous. However, attention should be paid to the following symptoms.
(1) Low back pain accompanied by vaginal bleeding, severe pain, to pay attention to the possibility of abortion, or whether ectopic pregnancy, should immediately go to the hospital for examination.
(2) If the lumbar pain is serious enough to affect activities or radiate to other parts, should go to the hospital for examination, find out the cause, timely treatment.
(3) if the lumbago is accompanied by leg cramps, it may be calcium deficiency.
(4) lumbago and leg pain accompanied by sciatica may be a lack of vitamin B1.
2. Middle and late pregnancy
Pregnant women during this period of lumbago, because the fetal development makes the uterus gradually enlarged, in order to maintain body balance, the upper body will start to back, which causes excessive lordosis, back extensor muscle tension, causing excessive back and back fatigue, it is easy to back pain, this pain will not be sudden, after bed rest Symptoms can be alleviated.
If the disease is serious, it will affect the fetus. It is necessary to see the doctor in time so as not to cause serious consequences.
Causes of low back pain in pregnant women
What causes the waist pain of pregnant women? During pregnancy, the phenomenon of lumbago occurs during pregnancy. The main causes of lumbago are as follows:
1. Hormonal changes during pregnancy.
Hormonal changes after pregnancy can cause many pregnancy reactions to pregnant women, and lumbago is one of them. After pregnancy hormone changes in the body, so that pelvic ligament relaxation to meet the needs of fetal growth and subsequent childbirth, so that the lumbar ligament, fascia will be relaxed, elasticity is reduced, easy to strain and cause low back pain.
2, placenta, amniotic fluid increased, lumbar weight overload.
This is the main reason for low back pain in pregnant women, after pregnancy, the fetus and the attached placenta, amniotic fluid increased day by day, increasing the burden on the front of the lumbar spine. In order to maintain balance, pregnant women standing back muscles must be strenuously contracted, so that the pelvis forward, the formation of a unique posture, lumbar back muscles continue to contract, can not relax rest, a long time will be caused by fatigue lumbago.
3, reduce the amount of exercise.
After pregnancy, the amount of exercise of pregnant women greatly reduced, and some pregnant women even sit for a long time, inadequate exercise will also cause a decline in basic physical strength, thus causing pregnant women lumbago.
4, calcium deficiency.
During pregnancy, fetal development requires a lot of calcium and other nutrients, if these nutrients intake is insufficient, easy to cause osteomalacia and decalcification of pregnant women, will also cause low back pain.
The causes of low back pain in pregnant women vary from early to late pregnancy. Early pregnancy of pregnant women with low back pain will not be very serious, mostly back pain, mainly caused by uterine backward, compression of the rectum and ligaments, pregnant mothers need not worry.
In the second and third trimesters of pregnancy, low back pain is mostly due to the rapid development of the fetus, which makes the uterus gradually enlarged and the abdomen gradually forward. In order to maintain balance, the upper body tends to lean backwards, which causes excessive lordosis of the spine, continuous tension of the extensor dorsi muscles, excessive fatigue of the waist and back, and it is easy to have low back pain.
Treatment of low back pain in pregnant women
Pregnant women with low back pain is one of the common pregnancy reactions, if there are no other complications, generally do not need special treatment, usually appropriate exercise, maintain the correct walking posture, avoid standing for a long time, pay more attention to rest, can effectively alleviate the symptoms of low back pain.
1, slight lumbago
(1) use special pregnancy belt. A pregnant woman’s abdominal belt or special pregnancy belt is used to support the waist of pregnant women, thus relieving pain.
(2) maintain a correct stance. The correct standing posture is the differentiation of the legs, straightening the back, straightening the chest, and taking the mandible. If the posture is correct, the belly will not be very conspicuous. Stand up and sit down too fast. It is better to have help objects on your hands.
(3) proper exercise. Pregnancy should also carry out appropriate exercise, choose the appropriate gymnastics or swimming for pregnant women, exercise according to individual circumstances, enhance physical strength.
(4) choose the right bed, shoes and so on. Do not sleep too soft bed, too soft, easy to sink the waist, causing or aggravating lumbago. And choose comfortable shoes instead of high heels.
(5) diet adjustment. Eat foods that relieve low back pain in pregnant women: foods rich in protein, calcium, vitamins B, vitamin C and D.
(6) massage and local hot compress. Pregnant women with low back pain can do home massage exercises at home. Back massage is done by family members. You can also carry out local hot compress, with hot towels, gauze or hot water bag can be hot compress every day for half an hour, can also reduce the pain feeling.
(7) keep warm. When the weather is cold, we must pay attention to keep warm. If we catch a cold, we will have a bad reaction to the kidney, and then cause low back pain.
2. Severe pain in lumbago
(1) when the pain happens, move the pain side up and lie on the back.
(2) it is more comfortable to put your face upwards on your back when you are in general pain and to put a big pillow under your knees.
(3) when the pain is serious and can not lie down, you can find a low step and sit down with your hands to support your jaw.
(4) use hot towels with wet towels or bath in hot water.
After severe relief of low back pain, be sure to see a doctor in time.
Prevention of low back pain in pregnant women
Although low back pain during pregnancy is not an easy to avoid common diseases, but pregnant women in life to maintain the correct posture, avoid standing for a long time can prevent and alleviate low back pain.
1, in the first trimester of pregnancy, we should pay attention to proper rest, make our body relaxed and reduce fatigue.
2. During the second trimester and the third trimester of pregnancy, pregnant women should not continue to do heavy housework. Washing clothes, putting things on high, lifting heavy things, heavy bags and so on will affect the waist, pregnant women should avoid.
3, every walk or walk time is good, not too long. When you go out shopping, you must take a walk and rest. It’s best to take a taxi when the weather is too cold or overheated. Avoid squeezing and standing on the bus.
4, correct posture and sitting posture. The correct standing posture is the differentiation of the legs, straightening the back, straightening the chest, and taking the mandible. When sitting, try to sit in, back with the lower close to the back, sitting in the waist can be placed a soft pillow, can increase the waist support, or foot on the stool can also avoid waist pain. In addition, to choose suitable chairs, chairs too high or too low are not good, easy to sink soft cushion sit up tired, so choose a harder cushion.
5. Usually do more waist massage, let family help, pay attention to massage when the action should be light, do not squeeze the abdomen.
6. Usually use hot towel, gauze and hot water bag hot compress, daily hot compress for half an hour, can reduce pain.
7. Supplementary vitamins, in pregnancy, due to the rapid development of the fetus, pregnant mothers are easy to lack a variety of nutrients and minerals, especially calcium, vitamins and iron, once the lack is easy to cause low back pain. When lumbago accompanied by leg cramps, sciatica, in addition to quickly supplement calcium, vitamin B1, but also timely consultation with a doctor, seek help. The lack of light suggests that the diet should be the most important.
What is the waist pain for pregnant women?
Some pregnant women with low back pain is due to lack of calcium and other nutrients, so during pregnancy to eat some foods rich in protein, calcium, vitamin B, vitamin C and D, can alleviate the low back pain of pregnant women.
1, vitamin B1 supplement
During pregnancy, due to the rapid development of the fetus, pregnant mothers are prone to lack of vitamins and iron and other nutrients and minerals, once the lack is very easy to cause low back pain.
Vitamin B1 is widely found in natural foods, and abundant in animal viscera (liver, heart and kidney), meat, beans, peanuts and cereals, fruits and nuts.
Pregnant women with low back pain can eat more beef. Soybeans, peanuts and other foods. However, as long as you pay attention to the choice of food, not partial food, pay attention to the size of the staple food, a day’s food can be sufficient vitamins.
2. Calcium supplementation
When lumbago is accompanied by leg cramps and sciatica, this is a sign of calcium deficiency. Calcium should be added in time.
Brassica napus, cabbage, Chinese kale, celery, shrimp skin, saprophytic bamboo, soybean and other calcium-rich foods, are not negligible calcium supplements.
Steak: Animal bones contain a lot of calcium, and there are many sources of calcium in fish food, if properly selected, from which to get adequate daily calcium is not a problem.
Tofu: The calcium in tofu comes from two aspects, one is rich in calcium in soybean, the other is the traditional tofu production needs to add brine or gypsum, these two things can also provide calcium, so the traditional tofu is a calcium-rich food.
Milk: Pregnant women should keep milk and milk every day, 250 ml fresh milk or yogurt every day in the early pregnancy, 500 ml milk or yogurt every day in the middle and late pregnancy.