“I remember coming back with my baby for an examination 42 days after delivery!”
When a new mother leaves the hospital, the doctor will tell her such a sentence, which also puzzles many mothers. Xiaoyan, who has just given birth to a baby, recently wondered whether she would like to go back for this test.
After the long first month with her baby, the doctor’s reminder is coming. But Xiaoyan felt that she was sitting well every month. Her daily diet and nutrition were in place, and her physical body was gradually recovering. It seemed that there was no abnormality. Considering that I can’t take my baby out, and my body is also recovering normally, so I don’t think it’s necessary to go back for the 42 day postpartum examination.
In fact, it depends on how well the baby sits and how well the body recovers after childbirth. It’s not accurate to rely on your own judgment. You must go through a professional judgment – 42 days postpartum examination.
| 42 days postpartum examination, do not do the difference is too big!
First of all, you should know that 42 days after delivery is not necessarily 42 days after the birth of the baby, but refers to 42-56 days after the birth of the baby, mainly for maternal and infant health examination.
Why this time period?
The reason is very simple. It’s related to the physical recovery of new mothers. Generally speaking, after giving birth to a baby, the mother will breastfeed except for the breast, and the recovery will be later. In addition, other organs of the body should be restored to the state before pregnancy, which generally takes about 6 weeks.
Do you have to do this test?
Share a real case: a mother did not pay attention to the 42 day postpartum examination, half a year after the birth of the baby, a sneeze or cough on the leakage of urine, later to check the reason for pelvic floor muscle relaxation, but did not seize the time to treat and recover.
So 42 days postpartum examination is necessary. There are two main purposes to do this test. One is to make clear the recovery of the body. The other is to find out the problems in time and benefit from early treatment.
But if you don’t have a test, the doctor won’t force you to go back. On the contrary, when you go back for examination, the doctor can find many problems of recovery, guide postpartum child care, breast-feeding, etc., screen diseases, discover early, diagnose early, treat early, and make the recovery of mother’s body and mental state more active.
In addition, the internal recovery of the body, in fact, we can’t see it, and can’t reflect it through perception. We must have a comprehensive examination to know. If you’re lazy and don’t do the test, or if you think you’re recovering well and don’t do it, you’re likely to regret it when an accident happens.
| 42 days postpartum examination, what exactly to check?
For mothers, the 42 day postpartum examination mainly includes the following:
1. Carry out a general examination to see whether the body indicators are normal. For example, weight, blood pressure, blood sugar, urine routine, etc.
2. Carry out gynecological examination, check the birth canal, and understand the situation of the cervix. Such as the recovery of the uterus and accessories; check the vaginal secretions to see if there is any lochia; check the perineum, vagina and cesarean section wounds to determine the wound healing and infection. See if there’s any bad news. Press the bottom of the uterus to understand the condition of involution of the uterus.
3. Check the recovery of pelvic floor function. Postpartum prone to vaginal relaxation, leakage of urine, uterine prolapse and other phenomena, pelvic floor function inspection, such as the detection of pelvic floor function decline, early prevention, to prevent leakage of urine, uterine prolapse and other situations.
4. Check the abdominal wound. If it’s a cesarean section, check the healing of the abdominal wound.
In addition to the mother’s examination, the baby will also be examined 42 days after delivery:
1. Understand the growth and development of the baby. Such as physical measurement, check height, weight, head circumference, determine whether there is nutrition, feeding problems, or hidden diseases; skin, limb activities, heart and lung auscultation, abdominal palpation, vulva examination, etc., to eliminate organic diseases;
2. Check the nervous system items. For example, judge the baby’s hearing, motor ability, nerve reflex and other development, and judge whether the baby has neuromotor development backward.
3. General inquiry. For example, if the baby is in a state of eating, drinking, sleeping and mental state, whether it has been vaccinated, jaundice detection and stool color judgment. At the same time, guide the correct feeding.
All in all, the 42 day postpartum examination is very important for both new mothers and babies. Give mothers a little tips, when preparing for the examination, write down the existing confusion and problems encountered in the process of parenting a few days in advance, so that you can communicate with the doctor more smoothly.