The endocrine system has not been adjusted after delivery. Pelvic ligaments are still in a relaxed state, and abdominal muscles become more relaxed due to childbirth. Plus postpartum care baby to often bend down, or encounter lochia discharge is not smooth, cause blood stasis pelvic cavity. Therefore, postpartum low back pain is a problem that many mothers often encounter.
Ten “culprits” of postpartum low back pain
1. Pregnancy makes great changes in the endocrine system. In order to make the fetus delivered smoothly, the ligaments connecting the pelvis become loose. In addition, the growing uterus gradually increases the lumbar support of pregnant women, resulting in the relaxation of sacrospinal ligament, compression of pelvic nerves and blood vessels, resulting in low back pain.
2. The endocrine system changes after delivery, which will not soon return to the pre pregnancy state. The pelvic ligament is still in a relaxed state for a period of time, and the abdominal muscles become weak. The uterus can not be completely reset soon, causing low back pain.
3. Postpartum mothers should often bend down to take care of their baby, such as bathing, dressing, changing diapers, often holding the baby from the cradle, etc., or lochia discharge is not smooth, causing pelvic blood stasis, which is easy to induce waist pain.
4. Many mothers have less activities after childbirth, and always lie or sit in bed to rest; in addition to weight gain, abdominal fat increases, which increases the load of lumbar muscles, causing lumbar muscle strain and low back pain.
5. Postpartum do not pay attention to rest, make the body too tired, or often long standing, squatting, sitting or tight waist, etc., can lead to lumbar muscle strain, induce low back pain.
6. Improper postpartum contraceptive methods lead to many times of induced abortion, or improper sexual intercourse, resulting in kidney qi damage and low back pain.
7. Wearing high-heeled shoes prematurely after childbirth can make the body’s center of gravity move forward, which can not only cause foot pain and other discomfort, but also affect the waist through reflection, making the waist ache.
8. Often take improper or do not relax posture to baby feeding, so that the waist muscle is always in a state of not relax, waist muscle damage.
9. The normal position of the uterus is anteversion and flexion. If uterine prolapse occurs, the uterus will move downward along the vagina, causing low back pain.
10. The dampness and cold invade the postpartum, resulting in the obstruction of channels and collaterals.