The baby of another family is born in 38 weeks. Why does my baby refuse to come out for 40 weeks?
By the end of pregnancy, many mothers were worried that the baby would have premature birth, hoping to stay up to the full term.
However, there are also some calm babies, after the due date is still late, still nostalgia for the mother’s warm womb, what can we do?
Baby level is very anxious to do this can let the baby start quickly, to learn small skills together.
Will Baobao stay longer in her mother’s stomach?
Some people think that when the baby is born is God’s plan. If he stays comfortably in his mother’s stomach, he will let him stay a little longer. The longer he stays, the better. When the time is ripe, he will come out naturally. Is it really scientific? Is it better for babies to stay longer in their mothers’ stomachs?
NO! NO! NO! The answer is not so!
This is actually a misunderstanding, the baby is not born beyond the due date, we should be vigilant about whether it is overdue pregnancy. Medical regulations, if the Baoma normal menstrual cycle regularity, the baby over 42 weeks has not yet been born is considered a postponed pregnancy.
So, what harm is there in overdue pregnancy?
Overdue pregnancy may have adverse effects on both mothers and infants, easily leading to fetal distress, oligohydramnios, prolonged labor and even dystocia.
1. Fetal distress: After the baby exceeds 42 weeks, the placenta function drops, easy to lead to insufficient oxygen supply, and then anoxia. Hypoxia is very dangerous for babies. If the uterus contractes strongly temporarily, the fetus of overdue pregnancy will easily suffer from hypoxia and distress, which will affect fetal intelligence and even fetal death in uterus.
2, oligohydramnios: after 38 weeks of pregnancy, the baby is full month, at this time the mother’s amniotic fluid volume is about 800 ml, then the amount of amniotic fluid gradually decreased, if the baby was not born at 42 weeks of pregnancy, then the amount of amniotic fluid will be reduced to less than 300 ml, amniotic fluid is more turbid, and even confused with the fetal stool, which is for the baby. It’s too dangerous.
3. Extension of labor: Overdue pregnancy, the baby will grow bigger, the probability of macrosomia greatly increased. In addition, overdue pregnancy will lead to fetal head stiffness, which brings a certain degree of difficulty to the mother-to-be, not only will prolong the labor process, but also prone to genital tract tear, and even use forceps to help the baby to birth, think very much.
4, neonatal complications increased
According to the statistics of clinical data, all kinds of complications of newborns born in late pregnancy are significantly higher than those of full-term infants born in normal pregnancy, such as the incidence of intracranial hemorrhage of newborns can be as high as 25%, the incidence of aspiration pneumonia is as high as 37%.
Late pregnancy, do this to help the baby start early.
Premature delivery is not good. Prolonged pregnancy can not be done. So, how to prevent overdue pregnancy?
Record menstrual cycles: In the first half of pregnancy, expectant mothers should be timely record of each menstrual cycle, so as to be able to estimate a more accurate expected date of childbirth.
Check gestational weeks: Early and mid-pregnancy to do B-ultrasonography, check whether the gestational weeks are correct, 36 weeks after the weekly birth check-up, to assess the size of the fetus, whether there is cephalopelvic asymmetry or abnormal fetal position.
Moderate exercise: proper exercise in the third trimester contributes to spontaneous labor. Expectant mothers can choose some aerobic exercises, such as
1) Every morning and evening you can walk for about 30-45 minutes, walk to a slight sweat, it is best to be accompanied by someone, safety first;
2) Expectant mothers can do some pregnant women’s health exercises, yoga, swimming and other aerobic exercise can also help the fetus into the basin;
3) Cross-legged sitting exercise: you can find a yoga mat or sit on the bed, the sole of the foot relative to sit for 5-10 minutes, this can play a certain role in pelvic training;
4) do pregnant women’s ball exercises: can play a role in alleviating back muscle pain spasm, pelvic floor muscle exercise, but also conducive to spontaneous delivery;
5) Stair climbing: Baby mom who has not unloaded during the due date of delivery can climb the stairs in moderation to climb up the stairs better, pay attention to the need to be accompanied by family members, if there is asthma or contractions, should stop.
Frequent fetal movement: before and after the expected period, the mother-to-be should adhere to the number of fetal movements every day, if less than 20 fetal movements within 12 hours, indicating fetal abnormalities; less than 10 times, indicating that the fetus is already dangerous, to go to the hospital immediately;
Timely delivery check-up: Pregnant women who have no signs of impending labor on the due date should go to the hospital for delivery check-up and be evaluated by the doctor. If there is no sign of delivery beyond one week, more active examination should be done, so that the doctor according to the size of the fetus, the amount of amniotic fluid, determine placental function, fetal maturity or through B ultrasound to diagnose whether the pregnancy is overdue. Often pay attention to abdominal fetal conditions, such as pregnancy more than 42 weeks still no signs of childbirth, to the hospital in time to ask the doctor to help terminate pregnancy.