After pregnancy, many pregnant mothers will appear edema. Generally, organic lesions are excluded during pregnancy examination, and no special treatment is needed for other cases. However, excessive edema will bring a lot of discomfort to pregnant mothers, making pregnancy more difficult.
▍ why does pregnant mother have edema?
1. The hormone secreted by the placenta and aldosterone secreted by the adrenal gland of the pregnant mother increase, resulting in the retention of sodium and water in the body, the accumulation of water in the body, and the decrease of urine volume, which will lead to edema.
2. The increase of blood, the increase of plasma is more than the increase of blood cells, so the blood components will be relatively diluted, and the relative concentration of plasma albumin is also lower than that during non pregnancy. Plasma albumin is the main component to maintain plasma osmolality. Plasma osmolality during pregnancy is lower than that during pregnancy, which makes the water in the blood flow easy to penetrate into the interstitial fluid, resulting in lower limb edema.
3. Edema during pregnancy will become more obvious with the increase of gestational age, mostly in the sole of the foot, ankle, leg and other parts, sometimes there will be slight edema on the face, and the closer to the expected delivery time, the more obvious. If edema is accompanied by hypertension and proteinuria, expectant mothers should be alert to pregnancy induced hypertension and other diseases.
▍ there are routine ways to relieve edema during pregnancy
To alleviate the discomfort caused by edema during pregnancy, or relieve the symptoms of edema, there are also ways to start from the small details of daily life and fight against edema.
First, choose comfortable clothes and shoes
It is not recommended to wear too tight during pregnancy, generally loose and comfortable. In autumn and winter, pregnant mothers can choose Leggings with good elasticity and thermal insulation effect, which are more convenient to match with clothes and skirts, and they will be more comfortable to wear.
It’s also very important to choose a pair of comfortable shoes. You can choose pregnant women’s shoes. The number of the new shoes is larger than the normal number, and there is a space of 1cm between the front and back, so it won’t oppress the feet.
2. Pay attention to rest and avoid standing and sitting for a long time
The best way to eliminate edema is to rest. Ensure adequate sleep, but also help to alleviate edema. Avoid standing or sitting for a long time at work, otherwise the blood circulation of legs will not circulate, which will aggravate the edema. If you sit for a long time, you should also change your posture and move your legs. It is suggested that you get up for half an hour.
Pregnant mothers can raise their legs for 15-20 minutes before going to bed (or during lunch break), which can accelerate blood return and reduce venous pressure. It is helpful to relieve edema during pregnancy and prevent varicose veins of lower limbs.
3. Regulate diet and pay attention to comprehensive nutrition
Pregnant mothers should always eat fresh fruits and vegetables, but should reduce the food with high salt content. During pregnancy, we should pay attention to the comprehensive nutrition, intake high-quality protein, such as fish, eggs, milk and dairy products, soybeans and soybean products, and iron rich food, such as animal liver, spinach and so on.
Take a proper walk and massage your legs
Taking a walk after meals can not only increase the amount of exercise, but also relieve edema. In addition, massage the lower limbs every night can also relieve the swelling of the feet. You can ask the father to be to help you, about 20 minutes each time, with no pain as the criterion. It can prevent and eliminate edema, relieve fatigue, and enhance the relationship with the father to be.
Comments are closed.